My experience at LFW // ASHISH S/S 2015













Yesterday was such an amazing day because I finally got to experience the mayhem and glamour of London Fashion Week. Well not that glamorous as I was working backstage dressing the models. But I’m not complaining. This was such an amazing experience and made me realise that fashion is definitely the career of my dreams.  I met some lovely models, dressers and Ashish of course. The atmosphere was friendly but very chaotic, hectic, stressful and tense.  There were photographers, press and hair and make-up artists everywhere. There was literally hardly any space to move but I loved it! It gave me such an adrenaline rush.
So I got there at about 1 but before the rehearsals had even started a man doing the lighting for the previous show fell off the high ramp. He fell 15 ft and the ambulance and police were called all whilst the fashion east catwalk was commencing. I was not expecting this but it just goes to show that anything can happen backstage at a fashion show.
Moving onto the hour before the show……it was crazy. Models were rushing around getting their make-up done whilst I was trying to put on their earrings and another dresser was trying to put on the rest of the jewellery.  But once again I loved it. Did I mention that the model I was dressing was lovely. She was so sweet and helpful not at all bratty and snobbish like what I was expecting.
And then it was time for the show....... my model went out on the catwalk and I felt calm but then she came running back and it was time for an outfit change. It happened so quickly but there were about 4 of trying to take off her dress, change the jewellery and put on the right shoes. It must have taken about 30 seconds and it was time for her to walk again. Then it came to the finale walk where all the models walked together and Ashish made an appearance on stage. The backstage crew all started to cheer and clap and it made me realise that everybody was working together and I felt good knowing I was a part of it.
OK so these are my tips for dressers:
v  Be ready to work hard
v  Wear something comfortable because so may be running around (flats are the best)
v  Wear all black if specified but if not dress like you’ve been influenced by the designer
v  No heavy make-up or jewellery
v  Ask if you’re not sure of anything
And lastly let’s talk about ASHISH’s S/S 2015 collection. SEQUINS, EMBELLISHMENTS, GOLD, SPARKLES and BRIGHT COLOURS are all the words I would use to describe this collection. It was beautiful. The clothes are so well made and different from many other designers. The clothes are just fun and playful which I really like. Some of my favourite pieces were a purple checked shirt dress, a Kimye sweatshirt and yellow gingham slip dress (pictured above).

I loved LFW and I just wanted to share my experience. Thank you for reading!





0 comments:

Post a Comment