Building your dream wardrobe: step 2 - The Spring/Summer edit

1. Topshop
2. Whistles
3. ZARA
4. ZARA
5. ZARA
6. ZARA
7. Topshop

This is Part 2 of my " Building your dream wardrobe" series. It's all about getting those 7 key pieces to keep you looking stylish and classic throughout spring and summer.

First of all get a skirt which is bright and colour full but not garish. Spring/Summer time is the only real time where I like to inject a lot of colour into my wardrobe so I take advantage of the hot weather and splash out on more colour full pieces. I like this skirt because it's not too short and still above the knee. The asymmetric cut of the skirt makes it very on trend without it looking like you tried too hard. The colours and patterns are very unique and go well together. I picked this skirt because I think you could also wear it in autumn with a baggy black jumper and worn down ankle boots.

Then we have an LBD. When I think of an LBD I think of a short black bodycon dress but this one from Whistles is very different. I like that this dress is loosely fitted as it gives it a more casual feel; but don’t get me wrong it could definitely be dress up with some sleek black heeled sandals and statement necklace. Anyway who wants to wear skin tight dresses in the summer? This is definitely more comfortable.
Now we have two pairs of shorts. Firstly the classic blue high-waisted denim shorts. Some people say that denim shorts trend has been overdone and maybe it has but that doesn’t mean they will stop looking cool. Why wouldn’t you like them? They go with everything, they are completely effortless, they are comfortable and they look great with tanned legs. Then we have some more chic/smart shorts. These red ones would look great with a low buttoned black shirt or even a ribbed jumper for when it gets a bit chilly.

I LOVE ankle boots, especially these ones from ZARA. The chic grey colour and pointed toe definitely win it for me. They are so classy and edgy and would look great on everything, even those red shorts.
 I had to mention a white shirt because for people like me who usually always wear black, white is a colour and in summer it looks amazing against a bronze tan, minimal makeup and of course those ripped denim shorts. However, don’t be restricted to wearing it in the summer it can be worn all year round to all occasions. A genuinely timeless piece! And lastly is a light duster coat or even long cardigan for chilly summer nights or lunch dates al fresco in the spring time.





0 comments:

Post a Comment